Lawyer Membership Agreement
Lawyers may register for Lawyer Central’s Services through a paid premium subscription package (“Premium Package”) or for a no-fee basic package (“Basic Package”). By registering an account, whether a Premium Package or a Basic Package, you are agreeing to the Terms. For the purpose of this agreement, “Members” are defined as lawyers who have registered an account with Lawyer Central. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) We provide members with broad exposure on the internet.
2) Lead Forms
a. Lawyer Central receives electronic submissions from potential clients containing the background information and description of their problems (“Lead Forms”). These Lead Forms will be sent to appropriate premium lawyers within one business day.
i. Whether a lawyer is appropriate for a particular lead is based on Lawyer Central’s social algorithms and the information provided by the potential client and relevant lawyers.
b. If we do not receive communication within 1 hour of the initial distribution of a Lead Form confirming that the client has secured a lawyer, Lawyer Central reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to contact non-premium lawyers regarding the Lead Form.
3) When you receive a Lead Form, you have the freedom to choose whether you respond.
4) Your first response (whether by email or phone) to any potential client from our service shall have no fee attached. You may choose how long/detailed your response is.
5) Receipt of Lawyer Central’s Lead Forms do NOT create a client-attorney relationship. No fees are to be charged to the potential client until you and the potential client agree to a fee/payment structure.
6) Not including your initial contact with the potential client via email or phone, you are under no obligation to provide free consultations. If you choose to charge a fee for your initial consultation, you must advise the client of this fee prior to the consultation.
7) By agreeing to these Terms, you hereby consent and authorize Lawyer Central to use and share content, including blog posts and articles, that you submit to us (the “Lawyer Content”) on Lawyer Central’s Website and for the purpose of promoting Lawyer Central and/or our members. For greater clarity, Lawyer Central will name the original author of the Lawyer Content.
8) Lawyer Central provides a platform for people to freely leave reviews of lawyers and their services on the platform. Members may flag reviews that they feel are inaccurate or misleading. Lawyer Central may, at its sole discretion, assess and remove any content it considers inappropriate. But we do not routinely screen user-generated content. Lawyer Central neither endorses nor is responsible or liable for, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the identity, trustworthiness, accuracy, currency, or quality of any reviews posted on this platform.
9) Lawyer Central offers optional paid subscription packages. Lawyers subscribing to a Premium Package agree to pay Lawyer Central the subscription fees associated with that Premium Package as they become due.
10) The amount of the recurring charge will be the then-current subscription fee applicable to the Premium Package to which you are subscribed.
a. You acknowledge that the amount of the recurring charge may change if the applicable subscription fee increases. Lawyer Central will notify you prior to any changes in subscription fees, and you will have the opportunity to opt-out of your Premium Package prior to the implementation of any increased subscription fees.
11) Premium Lawyers consent to their credit card information being stored through a secure third-party gateway and automatically being charged the subscription fees as they become due.
12) Your Premium Package subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription period until cancelled by the owner of the account. Unless otherwise agreed to, the Premium Package will renew for the same duration term as the most recent subscription purchased by the associated account.
13) Notice of cancellation must be received in writing prior to the applicable renewal date in order to avoid billing of the next period’s subscription fee. Cancellation requests may be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
a. Subscription fees are not prorated or refundable. In no event will a cancellation or reduction in service relieve you of your obligation to pay the subscription fees that are due for the period prior to the effective date of cancellation or reduction in service.
14) If your payment method fails or your account is past due, Lawyer Central reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your Premium Services.
15) Qualification to Practice.
a. By registering and/or holding an account with Lawyer Central, you are hereby certifying that you are properly licensed and duly qualified to practice in the field(s) and jurisdiction(s) listed in your profile. You further undertake to notify Lawyer Central should you no longer be qualified to practice for any reason.
16) Notwithstanding any of these Terms, Lawyer Central reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use its services, and to block or prevent your access to and use of the services. Lawyer Central reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
17) From time to time, we may review these Terms and we reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. You will be notified of any changes via email, and you will be given the opportunity to opt-out before the new changes are implemented.