General Note about Email
1. Information submitted by users to our website through some means – including submitting your case, contacting lawyers, and contacting Lawyer Central – are transferred via email to Lawyer Central and/or Canadian lawyers. In general, email is not a secure method of data transmission – we do not recommend sending confidential information using any of the forms or email links on our site.
2. "Personal Information" means any information, recorded in any form, relating to a person who is or can be identified directly from that information or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. Lawyer Central collects Personal Information about its members and non-members that is provided in writing, via electronic media, verbally over the telephone or in person, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card or other account number.
i Personal Information does not include: (1) aggregated or anonymized information; (2) any publicly available information about lawyers; or (3) information that is posted to publicly accessible areas of the site, which includes a lawyer’s profile information, or a review left on a lawyer’s profile. Lawyer Central retains the right to use such information in any way that it determines appropriate.
3. When you submit Personal Information through the use of our site, we collect and use that information for the purpose of providing the services on our site – including, but not limited to, connecting you with the appropriate lawyer(s).
4. Our use of the Personal Information is limited to the purpose described in this Policy unless we expressly tell you otherwise. We do not sell, trade, barter, exchange, disclose, or transfer in any way your Personal Information we have obtained from you. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
5. Personal Information is collected to assist Lawyer Central with the purpose of fulfilling its objectives. Such purposes include but are not limited to communicating with lawyers; providing services; managing our relationships; responding to questions and concerns; meeting legal or regulatory requirements; communication for any purpose which we have consent; using the Personal Information to generate aggregate or anonymous data to use and disclose in our sole discretion
6. By providing Personal Information, you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose the Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Should you need to provide us with Personal Information about other individuals, you represent and warrant to us that you will obtain their consent where required by law and prior to your disclosure to us. You may withdraw your consent to us collecting, using, and disclosing your Personal Information at any time, subject to reasonable notice and any legal and/or contractual restrictions.
8. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser settings/instructions. However, doing so may prevent you from accessing all or part of our website.
9. Lawyers who disable cookies from our site will be unable to login or edit their profiles while the cookies are disabled.
10. We collect general usage information when you access the site, including how you arrive to our site, how you navigate our site, and your computer’s IP address. We use this information to improve the experience on our site. This information is not sold to any third party
Third Party Websites
11. This website contains links to external websites (primarily those of Canadian lawyers). These sites are independent of Lawyer Central and have their own privacy policies that should be referred to before using those sites. This Policy only applies to the Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy policies or practices of third parties, and we strongly recommend that you review their privacy policies before you disclose Personal Information to them.
12. We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of Personal Information that is in our control. However, there are inherent risks involved with exchanging information electronically since data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. We cannot guarantee the security of all data sent to us over the internet and we are unable to accept the responsibility or liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of any interception, alteration, or misuse of information.
Accessing, Removing, and Updating Your Personal Information
13. Your have the right to access and review the Personal Information we hold about you subject to certain restrictions recognized in applicable laws. If you wish to access, delete, or modify your personal information from our database, or if you wish to opt-out of future communications from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to respond back within a reasonable time
14. If we cannot or will not disclose information, we will provide the reason for the non-disclosure to the request maker.
15. Although we take every effort, errors can sometimes occur. Should you find that any of your Personal Information is incorrect, please contact us so we make the necessary correction.
· Privacy Concerns
1. We will respond to questions or concerns relating to our Policy and do our utmost to resolve your concerns. In ever instance, we will consider our obligations with respect to privileged information as well as our separate obligations under applicable privacy legislation. Please direct your questions or concerns to us at email@example.com.
· Policy Amendments
1. This Policy is in effect as of July 1, 2021. From time to time, we may review this Policy and we reserve the right to change this Policy at any time without any prior notice, by posting a new version on our website.